As 2007 draws to a close, the pace of life slows and we are drawn to those we love to share and celebrate. This time of connection and celebration is just perfect for connecting with your inner-self and reflecting on and celebrating the year just passed.
So, grab a hot cup of cocoa, a warm bowl of soup, or, my personal favorite — a chunk of rich dark chocolate, and snuggle up in your favorite quiet spot. Now close your eyes, relax your body and your mind and explore the year that just passed. Have a pen and paper handy; better still, invest in a journal and make it an annual tradition.
- What were your greatest disappointments of the past year?
- What were the biggest challenges you faced and how did you address them (or not)?
- What were your greatest successes and what made them so? (Success by your standards, and yours alone!)
- What were your greatest learnings?
- What will you do differently in the year ahead based on what you learned from the year just passed?
As you sail into 2008, keep your journal handy. Stay conscious of your challenges, disappointments, successes and learnings; and continue to ask yourself, what you’ll do differently as a result of these experiences.
Do you have a special ritual for marking the end of a year and the transition to a new one? If so, I’d love to hear about it!