As 2008 draws to a close, I thought it might be fun, and inspiring, to publicly celebrate successes from the past year. To be clear, the definition of success is completely your ownâ€¦ itâ€™s whatever youâ€™re feeling proud of or inspired aboutâ€¦ as measured by your own definition of success and no one elseâ€™s.
It could be anything from committing to explore business ownership to launching a new business or landing a new job. It could be that you started a new blog, developed new relationships, found the ideal childcare arrangement, developed a meal planning strategy, outsourced tasks that were draining your time, got pregnant, gave birth or otherwise expanded your family, sent your oldest off to kindergarten or college, rekindled romance, etc. You get the idea â€¦
Some of the things Iâ€™m celebrating right now (in no particular order):
- Set up a new dedicated work space away from the flow of family activities.
- Purchased tools to help me work more effectively, including a wireless printer/scanner/copier/fax and a wirelessÂ hard drive for automatic system backups (yes â€“ I learned this lesson the hard way; going wireless has taken me out of the equation, so backups now actually happen).
- Formed a Steering Committee for The EnterprisingÂ Moms, which will play a key roll in the evolution of our community.
- Was mentioned in the Washington Post and Washington Post Small Business Blog and appeared on NBC4 News twice this year (NBC4 connection came through a fellow Enterprising Mom!).
- Launched a new blog, Eco-Active Family, about myÂ familyâ€™s quest to have a more positive planetary impact
- Got myself and my family more involved in volunteer and charitable giving activities. Finally donated all of my babyÂ gear to families in need.
- Developed many new personal and professional relationships that have contributed to my own growth as a mom, business woman and human being.
So, what are you celebrating???
Since this community is about support, collaboration, and celebration, please take a moment to share and perhaps inspire another!